WLIB Entertainment News
Everything You Need to Know About Texas Church Shooter Devin Kelley
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Some knew 26-year-old Devin Kelley as a man who was court-martialed and dishonorably discharged from the Air Force; now, the world knows him as the Texas church shooter who fatally shot 26 people and wounded 20 others.
Kelley, entered Sutherland Springs’ First Baptist Church Sunday morning after service, looking to cause havoc on the family of his estranged wife, Danielle. Reports say the now infamous Texas gunman had been threatening his mother-in-law before spraying his AK-15 throughout the small, Southern place of worship.
Like any person responsible for a mass shooting or deplorable act, the public wants answers. Who is he? Why did he do it? Could it have been prevented?
Regional Commander of the State Department of Public Safety, Freeman Martin, said, "He came here with a purpose and a mission."
Freeman continued, saying, “There was conflict between the families, but I can't say if it was revenge or not,” referring to issues between Kelley’s family and the family of his estranged wife.
From past digressions to unbelievable acts executed before Sunday’s shooting, here’s everything you need to know about Texas shooter Devin Kelley.
- He was court-martialed after cracking his stepson’s skull and cruelty to animals.
- His animal cruelty charges were dismissed after he paid a fine of approximately $450.
- He pleaded “guilty” to intentionally fracturing his stepson’s skull.
- He was dishonorably discharged from the Air Force
- He should have never been able to own a gun
- The Air Force NEVER reported his court-martialed incident to the federal database for firearms background checks
- He escaped from a mental health facility after making death threats to his superiors
- He was previously investigated for rape
- The mother of his estranged wife, Danielle, attended First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX
- His estranged wife, Danielle, and her mother attended First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX
- He killed at least a dozen children during Sunday’s shooting
- He was found dead in his vehicle from a self-inflicted wound
- Three weapons were recovered at the scene -- a Ruger AR-556 rifle and two handguns, a Glock 9mm and a Ruger 22
See more about Devin Kelley below.